So lately we have noticed that someone around the complex does not pick up their dogs poo, which really makes it hard when Ayden wants to play in grass. Well, as we were watching people walk their dogs tonight (trying to find the "phantom duke") Levi witnessed a young boy abuse his dog. The young boy picked the dog up by his leash, threw him over his should and left the dog to gasp for air. Needless to say Levi was irate and ran outside to "take care" of that situation. Then, the boy put the dog down and dropped kicked him. This poor dog was shaking. I, afraid this guy would shoot Levi or something (it is Fayettev-naum after all) grabbed Ayden and Winston and just cuddled with them.
Levi went to where the man seemed to live and started knocking on doors. Aparently, this "man" was a middle school aged boy who has issues. His mother answered the door, and noticed Levi was shaking of anger (Levi di a great job of controlling himself and handling everything with respect). Levi calm explained to the Mom what we had witnessed, and she understandably was upset as well. Levi told her if she and her son did not want that dog we would take him and find him a loving home. SHe assured us they did not abuse animals immediately began asking her son questions.
Levi said she seemed very sincere, and came home. Later that night the young boy was out walking the dog again (I am sure his mother had something to do with that) and as he was walking around his was flipping the entire neighborhood off (thus being Levi). LOL...so, tomorrow, I plan watching out for this young man with my flip camera. If he even walks outside we are going to record his every move. If something happens again- we will go to his Mom, and show her. If she refuses to give up the animal will call the police and file a report. Or- we might just go to the police first (which would be the safest route I assume).
I do not understand how people can be so mean to animals. My heart has been broken for this poor little dog all night. I want to just go to the dog store, get some stuffed animals (so that poor dog has a friend) and leave them on the doorstep. Grrrr...people sure suck...well, people that are mean to animals.
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
Don't mess with the Balls, we have a flip cam.
Posted by Beth at 6:26 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Oh my gosh! Animal abuse from a child is a bad, bad sign. That kid is probably going to do a lot worse when he gets older. It shows such contempt for life - just to hurt another creature with no reason (because some people hit out of anger and it doesn't make it right, but at least there was something that provoked them) is sadistic. So sick... Go Ball Family!! I hope you do record him doing something else so you can take that poor dog out of the environment and maybe move his mother to get him some serious help.
That is so sad! I am glad that Levi went and talked to the mother, but if she allowed him to take the dog back out again, she probably doesn't care as much as she let on (regarding what her son did). I am pretty sure that you do not need any type of proof that someone is abusing their dog, other than witnessing it. I would call the 'animal police' (whatever they call it where you are) tomorrow no matter what. A video tape of him doing something would certainly help the cause though. Good Luck!
I agree with Krysann - any child that abuses animals to that degree needs help. I also think that you should alert the police. That is just sick. I am so glad that you guys will be out of a military town very soon!!
Love,
Mom
Post a Comment